As vibration training continues to increase in popularity, Power Plate’s Steve Powell tells us more about this effective form of exercise, the proven health benefits of Power Plate and why we should all consider introducing it into our fitness regime…
Less time, better results
For over ten years now, vibration training has been favoured by the fitness industry to enhance the strength, weight loss and toning results of an exercise programme. The reason it’s so effective is because your body’s muscles have to work harder to counteract the movement from the vibrating plate on these machines – but it remains a low-stress exercise. Not only does this give great results, it also means you can complete a session in a fraction of the time it takes when exercising in the traditional way. With the busy lifestyle most of us lead today, that can only be good news!
11 Proven Benefits of Power Plate
Power Plates continues to lead the way in advanced whole body vibration training because of our focus on getting it right. The benefits of Power Plate have been recognised by the medical profession and studies have shown an abundance of health benefits can be gained including:
- Improved muscle strength and power
- Improved flexibility and range of motion
- Reduced pain and soreness with faster recovery
- Reduced appearance of cellulite
- Increased bone mineral density and prevention of bone mineral density loss related to ageing
- Improved circulation, cardiovascular and cardiorespiratory functions
- Improved balance, mobility and strength among the elderly and inactive population
- Reduced Visceral Adipose Tissue among overweight and obese patients
- Decreased body fat and increased lean muscle tissue in postmenopausal women
- Improved walking function in those with spinal cord injury
- Reduced pain and fatigue in people with myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME), Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia.
Backed by its MDD (Medical Devices Directive) certification*, Power Plate is both safe and effective to use. As we get older, many illnesses and health complications may arise. The great thing about vibration training is it can help by bringing about one of more of these health benefits. So it’s not surprising vibration training is now being taken seriously by healthcare professionals and used in a medical context, as well as in gyms across the world.
So how does Power Plate work?
Power Plate applies the science behind your body’s natural response to destabilisation – as the device moves, your muscles react to stabilise your body. You simply set the machine to create a consistent, controlled level of vibration – referred to as harmonic wave – that moves the platform up and down, forward and back and side to side. The platform produces 25 to 50 vibrations per second, at precisely controlled amplitudes, which triggers reflexive contractions in your muscles.
It can certainly feel a little strange at first but you quickly get used to the sensation! I’ve come across many people who have lost sensation through illness, disability, rehabilitation or ageing who love the sense of being “connected” once again. You can literally feel it working!
The beauty of Power Plate is because the muscle contractions are involuntary, you can still use the device even if you lack strength or control of your body. In workouts as short as 30 minutes a day, three days a week, you can get great full body results!
Limited Edition Power Plates
If you’re interested in vibration training, check out our Power Plate range including the current LIMITED EDITION Power Plate my3 and my5, currently with incredible savings and a buy now, pay later option.
Steve Powell, Performance Health Systems Director of UK Training & Education
A former professional footballer with over a decade of experience in the fitness and sports industries, Steve holds various positions in personal training, management, leadership and education in some of the UK’s leading commercial health club chains and companies. He presents, manages and develops education for Power Plate across the UK and Internationally.
*All Power Plates are Certified as class IIa medical devices under the Medical Devices Directive (MDD) 93/42/EEC.
Latest posts by Fitness Superstore (see all)
- Introducing the Bowflex MAX Total, the brand-new MAX Trainer! - June 29, 2020
- 2020 Pop-Up Shops: Are we heading your way? - January 23, 2020
- NEW Max Trainers M6/M8: Personalised Workouts in as Little as 4 Minutes - October 17, 2019