At Fitness Superstore we offer a huge variety of cross trainers that are perfect for commercial use, manufactured by world renowned brands such as Life Fitness, Matrix and more. With ellipticals to suit all budgets and spaces, and with a range of flexible finance options to choose from, you’re sure to find the right one for you.
COMMERCIAL CROSS TRAINER BENEFITS
An ideal alternative to running for your members that prefer to reduce the stress on their knees and joints.
Commercial Cross Trainers are designed to withstand the intense workouts of numerous gym-goers throughout the day, with improved durability and reliability.
Commercial Cross Trainers boast enhanced consoles that feature extra entertainment features, including TV and radio functionality, to keep your users entertained, motivated and on the machine longer.
WHAT TO CONSIDER
Almost all elliptical trainers use magnetic braking, and you will need this option if you want to utilise programmes.
Lower body movement feel
The feel of an elliptical is very subjective. Ideally it should feel smooth throughout the range of movement, with a natural stride pattern, or with a footplate that changes direction very suddenly as it reaches the end of the ellipse.
Upper body movement feel
The handles should be comfortable to grip and without significant play as the handles change direction. Check that at high resistance levels, there is no rocking or instability.
Ellipse stride length adjustment
Some machines allow you to shorten or lengthen the stride, making it easier to match the machine's movement to your own natural stride pattern.
Console feedback and ease of use
How clear and comprehensive is the displayed information? How easy is it to access programmes (if there are any)? Are the buttons clearly visible and easy to use?
The maximum workload
How much workload can the elliptical provide when used flat out? Advanced facilities should look for at least 250 watts.
Some elliptical trainers are self-powered, whilst others require a mains connection.
CROSS TRAINER ADD ONS
Place under your elliptical for stability and to protect your floors from wear, as well as perspiration.
Heart rate monitors and belts
Some elliptical cross trainers offer wireless heart rate monitoring. Belts can be added for even more accurate readings. Alternatively, you can buy a heart rate monitor.
Modules can be purchased for additional workout programmes (select brands and models).
Why buy your cross trainer from Fitness Superstore?
- You can try before you buy - and get expert advice from our in-store advisors - at any one of our 11 UK showrooms
- We offer a range of payment options, including interest free finance and buy now, pay later schemes. Payments can be spread over 6, 12, 24 or 36 months (depending on the product and finance type. You can find more information on our finance options page.
- Fastest delivery - many of our cross trainers are available for next day or Saturday delivery, and you can even choose you delivery date
- Delivery is free on all ellipticals (no delivery costs for purchases over £99) delivered to UK mainland addresses (exclusions apply). For details please see our delivery information.
- Installation service available: All ellipticals do come with instruction manuals, but we do offer an installation service for selected models. For more information call us on 01604 673000.
- 14-day Price Promise: Our 14-day Price Promise guarantees that you purchase an elliptical cross trainer at the lowest price. If you subsequently find the same like-for-like product at a lower price, we will refund 110% of the difference immediately.
- Second hand and ex-display options: As well as brand new, we also have a small selection of second hand and ex-display cross trainers available to purchase and pick-up from our store locations. For more information see our ex-display cross trainers or contact us on 01604 673000.