COMMERCIAL TREADMILL BENEFITS
Manufactured to withstand heavy usage, commercial treadmills are proven to perform all day, every day.
Commercial Treadmills often boasts enhanced consoles that feature improved entertainment features, including TV and radio functionality, to keep your members motivated, engaged and on the running machine for longer.
WHAT TO CONSIDER WHEN BUYING A COMMERCIAL TREADMILL
Measure your workout space
It’s imperative that the treadmill you buy fits comfortably into your allocated space. Measure the length, width and height of the available area and keep this handy when browsing treadmills. When measuring, make sure you allow extra space for mounting and dismounting. We recommend a 2ft clearance each side, 130mm at the front and at least 3ft at the back. Don’t forget that your treadmill will need to be located close to a power point.
We recommend a 51cm/20” wide belt for runners. In terms of length, at least 140cm/55” is recommended for runners. Most Commercial Treadmills feature a longer and wider the belt, meaning there’s more room for natural running fluctuation, wider strides and general comfort.
We recommend 2.5 CHP+ if users will be running or jogging regularly on the treadmill. If you’re all for high intensity, you’ll definitely want to opt for a higher motor size (3.0 or above). Generally, a quieter motor indicates a more powerful machine.
Speed and incline
We recommend a speed limit of at least 16km/h (10mph) for runners. We suggest adding a couple of km/h to a user’s regular running speed. Incline (gradient) is a fantastic feature on treadmills as this is a simple way to add resistance, target different muscle groups and reduce impact on your joints. Most treadmills offer a decent incline range. The wider range, the more intense a workout it offers.
Cushioning and stability
Track cushioning helps to protect joints from impact. Compared to road running, a cushioned running machine reduces impact by up to 40%, decreasing chances of injury and improving stamina. The sign of good cushioning is when a treadmill doesn’t shake, wobble or vibrate when in use. Most treadmills have good cushioning, while some advanced treadmills now feature variable cushioning, which delivers firm support on push off and cushioning for landing. ProForm and NordicTrack treadmills use external springs and have an internal elastometer. With every step taken, the deck relieves impact and propels you to your next step, providing not only impact absorption but energy return.
Most treadmills have built in workout programmes to mix up your training and support different workout goals. Examples would be interval training, hill climbing or even custom workouts that you create yourself. Ideal for the more adventurous runner, more and more running machines are starting to offer advanced workout options, such as virtual interactive training and access to online apps. These allow for more advanced progress tracking and limitless workouts. The more variety, generally the higher price the treadmill. Some examples include:
- iFit: compatible with select Nordic Track and ProForm treadmills, iFit allows you to define your fitness goals and download a personalised 8-week training programme. Using Google Maps, you can walk, jog or run real-world routes from across the globe with your treadmill cleverly adjusting your incline to simulate the terrain
- LFconnect: compatible with select Life Fitness treadmills, you can use your Apple and Android device to interact with your equipment. It tracks progress and offers personalised workouts.
- Kettler World Tours 2.0/S-Fit App: compatible with Kettler treadmills, the World Tours 2.0 module allows you to access virtual training and download virtual tours, while the S-Fit App offers three different modes – FUN, CHALLENGE and EXPERT.
Never forget this crucial factor. We recommend choosing a running machine that can handle about 20kg more than your own weight. This will ensure you don’t strain the motor. Most Commercial Treadmills feature a higher weight capacity to accommodate more users.
Why buy your treadmill from Fitness Superstore?
- We stock more treadmills than anyone else in the UK.
- You can try before you buy - and get expert advice from our in-store advisors - at any one of our 11 UK showrooms.
- We offer a range of payment options, including interest free finance and buy now, pay later schemes. You can find more information on our finance options
- Fastest delivery – many of our treadmills are available for next day or Saturday delivery, and you can even choose your delivery date
- Installation service available: All treadmills do come with instruction manuals, but we do offer an installation service for selected models. For more information call us on 01604 673000.
- 14-day Price Promise: Our 14-day Price Promise guarantees that you purchase a treadmill at the lowest price. If you subsequently find the same like-for-like product at a lower price, we will refund 110% of the difference immediately.
- Second hand and ex-display options: As well as brand new, we also have a small selection of second hand and ex-display treadmills available to purchase and pick-up from our store locations. For more information see our ex-display list of treadmills or contact us on 01604 673000